Belsize Park RFC is London’s most central rugby club with its home grounds in Regent’s Park and training by Russell Square (Zone 1).
We embody the best of amateur club rugby in the heart of London. Our rugby is paramount, evidenced by us having secured 15 promotions in the last 8 seasons across our four league sides. We offer competitive rugby to players of all standards while staying true to our club motto of “Always win the party” (Convivium semper vicendum est). Over 340 adult men play for the club each season, making us one of the largest rugby clubs in the country. You will receive an unparalleled welcome into our family.
The club traces its history back to being one of founding clubs of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and is considered to be the most widely toured amateur clubs in the world. We have been shortlisted for the National Rugby Awards Club of the Year and have won an RFU President’s Award.
We tour twice a season as a club (one autumnal domestic and one spring international) unbroken since 1989 to as far afield as Barbados, Brazil, China, Mozambique and the USA. We know these tours are instrumental to fostering our unique club spirit.
Preseason training runs on Mondays and Wednesdays in July and August. Training at Coram Fields (WC1N) runs from September through till mid April each Wednesday evening.
The Club runs a minimum of five senior men’s teams each week plus a monthly Vets side, a women’s team and our sister club Regent’s Park Royals runs several teams from minis to juniors:
- The 1st XV recently won the London 2 NW Division and have been promoted to London 1 South.
- The 2nd XV recently won the Middlesex Merit Premier Division.
- The 3rd XV play in Middlesex Merit Division 1.
- The 4th XV recently won the Middlesex Merit Division 3 play off cup and promotion to Middlesex Merit Division 2 with it.
- Our Bulls (weekly 5th) and Buffaloes (occasional 6th) XVs are the heart of the club exemplifying the very spirit of social & developmental rugby at its best with friendlies across London and the home counties.
- The Vets arrange regular friendly fixtures throughout the season against similar fat dads and touring fellows.
- The Women’s (Ladies’) rugby team is our first ever women’s team and will complete a full season of fixtures in 2019-20 before entering RFU leagues in 2019-20. Ladies of all experience and ability are welcome.
- Our affiliate minis and junior section – the Regents Park Royals – play every Sunday morning and have minis up to U16 teams: http://regentsparkroyals.com//