All players must become club members.
For any new joiners (during pre or full season) there is a 3 game grace period for you to decide if we are the club for you. After 3 matches your membership becomes due. This grace period only applies in the same season as your first game.
Your membership covers pitch & changing room hire, medical cover & their supplies, the mid-week training venue, supplements coach travel for games outside London and other larger running costs, as well as smaller payments such as washing the playing shirts, food for us & our opponents in the pub after a home game, referee’s travel, etc
Becoming a member in good standing (i.e. one who has paid) allows you to tour overseas as well as apply for England tickets at Twickenham through the club’s ballot.
Most importantly, membership also grants you cover with our insurance.
Insurance Coverage for Members
The club is covered under the RFU’s blanket insurance policy. Therefore as a club affiliated to the RFU all our members are automatically covered.
If you have not started the direct debits on your membership, you aren’t insured. Therefore anyone who has paid their club membership is covered immediately, along with new joiners in their grace period.
Anyone who wants to be a part-time member should contact the club over settling a match fee on game day in advance of playing.
You must inform us of your intention to be a part-time member.
Important things about your membership:
- All membership payments must be via monthly direct debit as explained here: http://bprfc.co.uk/join-the-club/pay-the-club/
- Members who previously cancelled their direct debits must re-enrol using the above link.
- New players must have set up their DD before having played their 4th game for BPRFC.
- Returning players membership is due immediately if previously cancelled.
- Occasional players must contact us in the week before a game so we can arrange the relevant insurance.
- Non members will be required to pay per-match game day fees prior to kick off each Saturday they play to guarantee insurance through the club.
- We will take into consideration individual circumstances. Please contact our Membership Secretary to discuss
- The club can not take responsibility for any injuries that occur if you are not a member in good standing and therefore fully insured
- Vice President’s Membership is By Invitation Only