Belsize Park RFC is London’s most central Rugby club and plays out of Regents Park. It traces its history back to the founding of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and is considered the most widely toured amateur club in the world. Preseason training runs from July til end of August in Regents Park (Tuesdays and Thursdays) while winter training is on Wednesdays at Corams Fields (also incredibly central).
The Club runs five senior teams, a Vets and a minis section:
- The 1st XV finished second in Herts & Middx Div 1 last season and were promoted to London NW 3 as a result. This is the club’s first visit to the London leagues in our history.
- The 2nd XV won the Middlesex Merit Leagues in 2013/14 and have relocated to Herts & Middlesex Merit Division 2 this season for new challenges in a tougher league.
- The 3rd XV comfortably won Middlesex Merit Table 5, going through the normal season unbeaten and then winning their semi-final and final to gain promotion for the second successive season.
- The 4th XV built on their emergence in 2012/13 to become a big part of the club and will now play competitive fixtures in the Herts & Middlesex Merit Division 7 next season.
- In addition, the club frequently runs a 5th XV side, which offers social rugby at its most traditional with weekly friendlies around the capital.
- The Vets arrange regular friendly fixtures throughout the season for retired players.
- Our minis section, the Regents Park Royals, play on Sunday mornings in Regents Park.