Belsize Park RFC is London’s most central rugby club with its home grounds in Regent’s Park and training by Russell Square (Zone 1).
The club traces its history back to being one of founding clubs of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and is considered one of the most widely toured amateur clubs in the world. We have been shortlisted for the National Rugby Awards Club of the Year and have won an RFU President’s Award.
We embody the best of amateur club rugby in the heart of London. Our rugby is paramount, evidenced by us having secured many promotions across our four league sides in recent seasons. We offer competitive rugby to players of all standards while maintaining incredible camaraderie between all players regardless of rank.
We tour twice a season (one autumnal domestic and one spring international) unbroken since 1989 to as far afield venues ranging from China to Canada and Maputo to Miami.
Training at Coram Fields (WC1N) runs from July through till mid April each Wednesday evening. Professional players from Saracens are among the coaching staff.
The Club runs a minimum of five senior teams each week plus a monthly Vets side, alongside a strong relationship with an affiliate minis section:
- The 1st XV recently won the London 2 NW Division. We are still waiting to hear if they have been promoted to London 1 North or South.
- The 2nd XV recently won the Middlesex Merit Premier Division.
- The 3rd XV play in Middlesex Merit Division 1.
- The 4th XV recently won the Middlesex Merit Division 3 league cup and promotion to Middlesex Merit Division 2.
- Our Bulls (weekly 5th) and Buffaloes (occasional 6th) XVs are the heart of the club exemplifying the very spirit of social & developmental rugby at its best with friendlies across London and the home counties.
- The Vets arrange regular friendly fixtures throughout the season against similar fat dads and touring fellows.
- Our affiliate minis only section – the Regents Park Royals – play every Sunday morning: http://regentsparkroyals.com//